Thanks to the generosity of donors, we have a designated assistance fund for youth in financial need. Throughout the year camperships ensure all scouting youth have the opportunity to experience the excitement of our council camps.
HOW CAN I DONATE TO THE CAMPERSHIP FUND?
To donate to the Campership fund all you need to do is contact the Council Office 956-423-0250.
ELIGIBILITY FOR A CAMPERSHIP?
All youth who are registered members of the Rio Grande Council, BSA. Adults are encouraged to talk with their Pack, Troop or Crew leadership if they believe they require financial assistance to attend any of our council run camp programs.
WHERE MAY I USE A CAMPERSHIP?
Camperships can be used for Rio Grande Council run camp programs:
- Cub Scouts: Fall and Spring Day Camps
- Scouts BSA: Summer Camp, Winter Camp, and NYLT
HOW DO I APPLY FOR A CAMPERSHIP?
- Download Campership Application Form
- Submit form to your Unit Leader.
- Contact the Council office for updates. Main: 956-423-0250
HOW ARE SELECTIONS MADE?
The following are considerations:
- Description of financial need
- Description of youth efforts to do fund raising
- Endorsement of application by leader of Pack, Troop or Crew
NOTIFICATION AND TIME LINE?
Camperships will be reviewed, verification of need established and funds approved (if all information is accurate and verified) within 14 working days. When approved, the campership will be directly applied to your existing registration; notification is sent to the parent and Adult Leader of your Pack/Troop/Crew. (This will be via email or by phone; no email is provided)