Gifts In Kind
Gifts In-Kind are a great win-win situation for you and the Scouting program. Rio Grande Council has a vast list of items that are needed for normal operation of the Scouting program and camps. Items collected throughout the year will allow us to continue to provide our quality values based programs to more than 1800+ youth in in the Rio Grande Valley. Gifts In Kind are non-monetary services or goods donations to the Rio Grande Council. Gifts in Kind can include but are not limited to:
- Construction, plumbing, or maintenance services
- Building materials or supplies for various projects
- Equipment for facilities maintenance such as hot water tank, mowers and/or blades, tools, etc.
- Advertising, Marketing, and Design services
- Tires, vehicle and boat oil, or gas or propane (camp vehicles and mowers)
- Office supplies
- Food, Snacks, Drinks (for Camp Trading Post)
- Equipment for activities such as aquatics, shooting sports, geocaching, sports, fitness, etc.
In Kind gifts received to date:
- HEB donates box fans for Summer Camp staffers.
- Fire Department applying preventative mosquito spray to Camp Perry for summer camp.
- AEP crew visits Camp Perry to re-level utility pole.
- Harvey Drive Church McAllen donates (30) tables and (140) folding chairs.
- McAllen LDS Church donates portable stage.
- KC Advertising Specialties donated plaques for the Ranger Award, Camp Award, Dirty Jobs Award.
- Patron builds new Council WordPress Website
- Patron designs new branding imagery for Council
- Elena Villarreal donates Dining Hall patio furniture.
- David Longoria donates (2) Catamaran sail boats.
For additional info, please contact:
Rudy Gonzalez, Scout Executive
Rio Grande Council, Boy Scouts of America
*** Gifts of goods or services are accepted by the organization subject to the organizations’ Gift Acceptance Policy. Ordinarily these gifts will be credited at their full market value as determined by appraisal or other appropriate valuation techniques.