We’ve been hard at work to push forward the future of Camp Perry. Check out some of the many updates with the campaign.
Adelante Con Camp Perry
Message from Rio Grande Council President & the Scout Executive
The Rio Grande Council has just embarked on an historic journey to revitalize Camp Perry. Some of you may be aware that Camp Perry is the oldest continuously operating Boy Scout Camp in Texas. This year marks the 90th anniversary of this outstanding facility. Camp Perry was acquired just one year after the council received its charter from the National Council in 1927.
In September 2016, after concluding a feasibility study, the Board of the Council authorized a $6.1 million capital campaign named “Adelante Con Camp Perry!” Our pre-campaign commitments have exceeded all expectations.
The campaign will result in developing several new facilities that include a new air-conditioned dining hall, new waterfront, a multipurpose health and fitness facility to also serve youth in our communities. In addition to new facilities, the campaign will include a maintenance endowment and a campership endowment to enable all youth to attend camp.
Our youth deserve a first-class camping facility to enhance program opportunities and prepare them to be the leaders of our communities. Please help us reach our goal to revitalize historic Camp Perry by making a contribution.
Adelante Con Camp Perry!
Council Board President
A Whole New Experience
For 90 years Camp Charles F. Perry has provided fun and adventure for the youth of the Rio Grande Valley and scouts far and wide. The Rio Grande Council has launched the “Adelante Con Camp Perry Campaign,” A major gifts campaign projects as we venture into the next century of camping, fun and adventure and provide a whole new experience to the youth of tomorrow.
State of The Art Facilities
With the help of our community we can provide state of the art facilities for the leaders of tomorrow to learn and grow. As we continue to spread the word, a new air conditioned dinning hall is already under way to provide a comfortable place for nutrition and learning.
NEW DINING HALL
Major Gifts Campaign Project
We need your help! Below are just some of the many improvements we have planed to enhance the experience of our youth at Camp Perry.
- New Air-Conditioned Dining Hall ——–$2,000,000
- Waterfront ——————————————— $350,000
- Health and Fitness Facility ——————– $600,000
- Three Shower and Bathroom Facilities—–450,000
- Staff Cabins (8 cabins) ————————–$200,000
- New Swimming Pool/Remodel Pool House – $300,000
- Campsite Pavilions (11 Pavilions) ————225,000
- Handicapped Site (1 Pavilion) —————– $25,000
- Shooting Complex (3 Structures) ————-200,000
- BMX/ATV Pavilion and Equipment ———- $75,000
- Refurbish Old Dining Hall ———————- $250,000
- Camp Perry Infrastructure —————- $250,000
- Endowment ———————————— $500,000
- Camperships for youth ———————- $100,000
- Professional Fees- Architects, Engineering — $150,000
- Ranger Seed Dollars ————————– $50,000
- Ranger Housing ——————————– $15,000
- Ranger Maintenance Shop —————— $35,000
- Roads throughout camp ——————– $100,000
- Landscape and Irrigation ——————— $25,000
- Program Equipment ————————— $20,000
- Parking (for 85 cars) ————————- $100,000
- Contingency ————————————- $80,000
Adelante Con Camp Perry Interview With KRGV’s Inside the Valley
“Reaching out to the community to help rebuild Camp Perry“